Ideas for Possible Future Viewing
- The Legends
In Progress (5/17/2019)
- When a Snail Falls in Love
- Fight Break Sphere
Year 5: March 15, 2017-March 14, 2018
- Nirvana in Fire = 琅琊榜. Finally found a Chinese Drama that I like—even understood an occasional Mandarin word/phrase! Historical (fictional?) Chinese drama, a whopping 54 episodes long. Difficult to "get into" because of the challenges of so many characters with similar names and looks. Uncertain if/when I'll ever watch another CDrama? Watched final episode on 5/1/2017 on @Viki. (Also watched some episodes on @DramaFever.) It took 4-5 months to finish all the episodes.
Year 6: March 15, 2018-March 14, 2019
- The Disguiser = 伪装者. Historical drama that takes place mainly in the late 1930's in Shanghai and elsewhere in China. It shows how the Japanese occupation of China lead to the Kuomintang (Nationalist China) and the Chinese Communist Party. Watched final episode 29 Aug 2018, on Viki. The final episode was rather lame, but I liked the other episodes.
- Ever Night = 将夜. Fictional fantasy set during the Tang Dynasty (A.D. 618-907), showing interactions with the Yan Kingdom and the Xiling Immortal Shrine. 61 episodes. Personally watched first 16 episodes (numbered 1–15 with added "12:Special" episode) and episodes 49–60. (Wife watched and summarized for me episodes 16–48). Finished episode 60 on Viki on 14 Feb 2019.
- Wandering Earth. Feature movie about earthlings trying to move earth from its orbit in order to move it away from an expanding sun. On Netflix 26 May 2019. (I slept through most of this, but still "got" most of the plot.)
- My Amazing Boyfriend (China). Tried unsuccessfully to stay awake through nearly two episodes. Finally gave up 5/11/2016.
- Murphy's Law of Love (Taiwan). Couldn't make it through the first episode. 7/2/16
- Love O2O. Slept through episode 1 on 12/24/2016. Video game-related.
- Ice Fantasy. Watched one episode.